How can we improve PostJoint?

Call out for suggested content

Would it be possible for blogs to put a call out for suggested content? Rather than just seeing articles that might be relevant, it would be great if blogs could make more specific requests for article topics or formats of posts.

70 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Mun Yin LiuMun Yin Liu shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
planned  ·  PostJointAdminPostJoint (Support, PostJoint) responded  · 

It seems this would be useful to help advertisers fo focus on topics that bloggers are interested in. We are thinking about how best to integrate this into the system.

6 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Gail GardnerGail Gardner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been discussing this very topic with Saleem. There are often posts that would ALMOST fit my site. I would love to be able to suggest topics or specific angles.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love this idea! I work with freelance writers and ask that they write with a certain tone in mind; if I'm able to add that along with a topic here, I would be happy to accept free posts, because someone is doing me a solid by creating the content.

It would also be helpful to be able to note what type of links I don't accept. For example, one article that is being suggested for my site is about how to use bark collars. In my community, this is considered cruelty to animals. I would hate for someone to go through the trouble of writing an article only to have me reject it based on the link they use.

Thanks!

• NatalieNatalie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I support this idea, that would be handy. I know some writers are more than happy to prepare articles on a specific topic.

• Mun Yin LiuMun Yin Liu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks! Only raised it because we're trying to do something unique with TripTiipping.com, so the vast majority of opportunities probably wouldn't work for us, even if they are about travel. It would be fab if it could work the other way around too.

Feedback and Knowledge Base