How can we improve PostJoint?

Browse all categories and make offers at will

Some times when bloggers add their blogs they miss judge the category they assigned to their blogs or the advertisers can some times miss judge the category their article is assigned too, this way their articles will be shown as opportunity for non relativity blogs. For example I have 3 blogs with different topics, I have seen an opportunity for one internet marketing blog but I really feel it's related to my other IT Technical blog and I can't see it their this could be my mistake or the advertisers mistake assign wrong category, I check the advertiser website and it's related to IT so for the benefit for both of us that should end in IT blog. Their should be away like a drop down menu to select the blog that you want to offer for the advertiser with a message box to explaining why this blog is best fit. All opportunities could be listed in different category and blogger can browse through the category that interest him and offer the most relevant blog he have.

43 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Qasim Alhammad shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
completed  ·  AdminPostJoint (Support, PostJoint) responded  · 

Categories have been replaced by content interest keywords so this is no longer a relevant concern. You are free to use up to 20 keyword tags for each blog and have full control over editing these at anytime.

8 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Natalie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hope this topic is still monitored. I have the situation, which Paul described, right now "I often see posts offered for one blog that would be more suited to another. And I can't use them. Annoying."

E.g. Travel articles appear as opportunities for a pet blog even though, looking at the article extract, there is nothing in the articles about pets, only about travelling.
    And those articles is a 100% match with my travel blog, but they did not appear as opportunities for the travel blog.

A miss for both the publisher and advertiser.
    If you need links to those articles, let me know, I have them in email.

Thanks.
    Natalie

• Paul Rak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I often see posts offered for one blog that would be more suited to another. And I can't use them. Annoying.

• Loni Vander Stel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am fairly new here . . . I too wish I could see all categories AND ALSO, what category the author has put it in . . . because sometimes I wonder . . . how did that end up as one I could offer for!!

• Jennifer Reimer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Here, here! If anyone is familiar with "SeededBuzz", I don't know if they are still around, but this was crucial to their success, and the organic blog promotion they "seeded" for some time.

• Denise R commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with you, Zoe G. that it would be great to be able to see the full article as it's often difficult to evaluate quality - and sometimes relevance - by only reading the first paragraph or so.

I'd also appreciate the ability to see posts that aren't in my category, or to be able to choose multiple categories. My blog isn't about just one thing and I'm sure there are great opportunities out there that I never see. So a keyword system or other enhancement would be most welcome.

• Zoe G. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There's really not a proper category label for my niche. I'm getting all sorts of opportunities that don't match it.

Also reading only a clip of an article is hard, since I have no idea what direction it will head in, when my niche is sensitive issue.

• AdminPostJoint (Support, PostJoint) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for submitting this idea. This would stray away from the whole concept of matching posts up with blogs. It would also be more involved for bloggers when we want the system to be time efficient.

Having said that we know that bloggers and advertisers can misjudge their choice of categories and this can affect relevance. We are working on a new keyword based matching system that should drastically improve relevance.

Feedback and Knowledge Base