How can we improve PostJoint?

Bloggers should put a fixed payout price for a certain site

Is is possible that for every blog site being offered, there's only a fixed payout price?
Because regardless if I put $25 or $100 as my max payout, the same bloggers offer me the same sites, and their price would depend on how much I can pay. I used to have this transaction with one blogger where I initially paid him/her $25 for 1 post, but when I raised the bar to $100 for a different article (because the client was VIP), the same blog was offered for the price of $99.

I just find it unfair and ridiculous, considering their blog stats don't change. If I'm willing to pay more, it means I'm looking for a site with higher quality.

I hope PJ can fix that.

4 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Keira GleesonKeira Gleeson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Tasha WilliamsTasha Williams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We don't recommend this feature. We make offers to publish on post based on 1) relevance of post content to the content our blog; 2) Amount of resources that go into making the post fit our blog; and 3) Link backs' relevancy to our blog content. For example, if there no photographs included with a post opportunity, we must take the time to identify and/or purchase photos consistent with the curating standards of our blog. This costs us.

• Shaun ThomasShaun Thomas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've seen it too. I have one piece on offer for $100 right now and I'm making a massive loss on that if it goes for that price, but I need to do it to keep my client happy. My absolute limit is usually $25 and that usually means I made much less than minimum wage on that post.

The trouble is that the offers for $100 are no better and I am still receiving offers from sites that have absolutely nothing to do with the topic. It's wasting blogger's and advertiser's time by not being able to at least specify a PR and DA, at least when you are paying higher rates.

• Igor GjurovskiIgor Gjurovski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Keira,

It is not ridiculous, but you need to know more. For example for $100 you need to set some requirements like for example "PR6 / DA50..." or something like that. This way you will receive only HQ offers.

• PostJointAdminPostJoint (Support, PostJoint) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for your suggestion Keira. We understand your concern about the same blogs offering at the different rates. The idea behind the max budgets is to give a head start to the better established sites the higher your budget is.

Feedback and Knowledge Base