How can we improve PostJoint?

Site ownership verification.

Hello

Please only allow blogs whose supposed owners are indeed the real owners.

You can do this by simply requesting users to temporarily upload something to their website via ftp or add a meta tag in the head section of the homepage.

Thus, you can avoid situations like mine where somebody added my blog in your system as long as he/she was not the real owner of the blog.

Thanks.

10 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Andrei Dinu shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
planned  ·  AdminPostJoint (Support, PostJoint) responded  · 

An optional way to verify domain ownership would be a great way for bloggers to add more credibility to their PostJoint profile.

5 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Marv Dumon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

However, this strategy is not appropriate for contributors of citizen journalism sites where the platform is open to web bloggers. Each column is treated as an individual blog. Therefore, there should be no requirement to be a site owner in this case.

• Brianna Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Today I too was was told that the Publisher was just submitting my article to the site and had no authority to post there. It was a waste of my time, I can do that myself.

• Dylan Didiano commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This happened to me today. One of my contributors has apparently been cheating me using postjoint. I found out today when I started seeing the traffic coming from here.

• AdminPostJoint (Support, PostJoint) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks Andrei. If it was optional a verified icon would show on the owner's profile. And you are right in saying that if a site already exists in the system, ownership would have be transferred when verification takes place.

• Andrei Dinu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great but i think this option should be mandatory because let's say one registers a blog he does not own and does not verify it (because he can't)

If later the real owner tries to register the same blog he will be denied (my case) so the ownership verification becomes useless.

You either made the verification mandatory for everybody or if the real owner verifies the blog, then he must be granted the ownership status disregarding the blog was already added (or not) in your system by another user who did not verify it.

Feedback and Knowledge Base