How can we improve PostJoint?

Get rid of offer credits

This new "offer credit" plan is not going to be good for your advertisers or bloggers. For example, there may be days/weeks when there are a plethora of post opportunities that are a great fit for more blogs where I could really help a lot of the advertisers with posting to my blogs, but then there are days/weeks when there are no opportunities that would be a good fit. Putting a limit on how many opportunities a publisher can offer is going to be preventing your advertisers from being able to see all of the available blogs that would love to work with them. This is not going to serve your customers well at all.

36 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Linda Bradshaw shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
completed  ·  AdminPostJoint (Support, PostJoint) responded  · 

We have suspended the offer credits system so you can freely make offers. This will be replaced by a opps to offers ratio checker – if excessive you will be limited in the offers you can make.

26 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • AdminPostJoint (Support, PostJoint) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Comment from Rizwan: "Hi i just wanted to say that ''performance based offer credits'' option should be available for PAID articles only and not for FREE articles because we would never want to publish an irrelevant article if it's free but some times we publish such irrelevant article just to get some more money so i don't think that limiting the Free articles by the number of offer credits is not a good idea."

• Cedric Loiselle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ever since the change I am not getting enough offers. Not sure what to do... Like it is now it's not working for me. Maybe you should give the bloggers a little bit more offer credits?

The problem for me is I usually post 20 to 40 articles all at once, so under the new system, it seems like people are just bidding on a few of my articles and the rest are forgotten...

I also have a publisher account and my accept rate before the change was 23% and my offer accept rate is defined as poor with only 5 offers allotted per week.. It says the platform average is 20%, that means more than half the people only have 5 offers to make per week, it's no wonder I'm not getting any offers anymore. You should really consider giving publishers more offer credits, at least until people get used to the new system and up their average.

• AdminPostJoint (Support, PostJoint) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@JJ - This is exactly why we developed a performance based credit system - to help slow down and filter out the users who press refresh all day long and jump on every single opportunity that comes along without any regard for relevance or quality. The credits have a fair amount of leeway built in and those who use the system properly wont have any issues at all. Thanks for your feedback.

• JJ COOP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wondered why my offers had slowed down - I pretty much always get 5 offers within an hour of uploading. Yet right now I uploaded 3 posts last night and have 1,2 & 4 offers on them.

I don't necessarily agree with Linda's point that this is going to be bad for advertisers. It will be bad for some bloggers though, and better for others. Its certainly a balancing act and I don't envy anyone the job of trying to do it in a way that keeps both sides happy.

As an advertiser, we're trying to get good quality posts/links. I feel that under the old system it was rewarding people who could sit on post joint all day pressing refresh. And I think realistically the only people who can afford to do that are people with pretty much the worst blogs available - someone with a high quality website can't sit in here all day pressing f5 on the off chance of being first to an opportunity that they'll only have a 1 in 5 chance of actually winning anyway. They'd end up working for < minimum wage.

Again purely from an advertisers point of view, I don't care if I get my offers slower - as long as I get them. If it takes 2-4 days to get my 5 offers rather an hour or two i'm perfectly happy with that, if it means I'm more likely to see higher quality offers mixed in there.

• James Weber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely agree with Linda, this is the worst idea ever, Advertisers will get offers slower then before and bloggers will loose opportunities.

This idea is not going to bring any good.

I wrote a piece of text about this but it was merged with this idea here.

All I want to say is that I'm with Linda, we need to remove "offers credits"

Thanks

James

← Previous 1 2 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base