How can we improve PostJoint?

Selecting only one green category: the death sentence for multi-niche blogs at postjoint

I saw in my account:

Your action is required: Please update the content interests for your blogs. You will not be able to make new offers until this is done.

You require only one popular category to be selected, out of 20. By doing this you basically signed the death sentence for multi-niche blogs. Please remove this and allow multi-niche blogs to continue publishing quality content for the most common categories (the green tags). Not only you get paid at least $1.5 (minimum price per credit) for each article being published but I think this new practice is discriminatory for all blogs publishing content from multiple niches.

22 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Andrei DinuAndrei Dinu shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
completed  ·  PostJointAdminPostJoint (Support, PostJoint) responded  · 

We’ve just rolled out an update that combines main themes and precision keywords. The overall effect will be an increase in relevance for all parties.

32 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • JJ COOPJJ COOP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This isn't aimed at anyone in particular - to be clear I don't know/care which blogs anyone commenting with here have in the system as I don't personally deal with our offers.

But in general some of the 'general' blogs are pretty woeful. When see something come up with seo, phones, health, finance, forex, etc etc categories then its pretty clear its a low quality site.

Comparing it to Mashable isn't really a fair point - its apples and oranges. Ones a real business, the other is a blog built on a dropped domain or otherwise spammed to bit.

I am all for any updates which increase relevance of bids. I would like to opt out completely from the mega-category 'multi blogs' as nearly always they're a waste of one of the 5 bid spots.

I wouldn't want to opt out of stuff like Martin Owen or Denise R mention below.... but the spam city 30 category blogs with no flow to them and just targeting every major money niche... I could certainly do without those.

• Martin OwenMartin Owen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Some keywords are very closely linked. For example I accept both real estate and home improvement articles, but I wouldn't consider my blog multi niche. I think is may be better to have higher level keywords, grouped together in related groups.

• Henrietta McKinleyHenrietta McKinley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Here's a suggestion: Categorise blogs into 'niche' and 'multi-niche' then allow marketers to select if they want to make their post available to just niche or also multi-niche. Then this limit of categories wouldn't be necessary. As someone who has been both a blogger and a marketer here I think this offers best solution for everyone.

• Denise RDenise R commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I haven't gotten this warning, but I too have a multi-niche site; it's an arts magazine covering books, art, film, music and arts news. I can see this new policy being problematic. Already we have a hard time with the keywords --

• Andrei DinuAndrei Dinu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think you should allow at least 10-12 popular topics to be selected... 3 green tags only is a bad situation for you (will lose money from publishers not buying credits), for the publishers and advertisers too - they will start receiving offers from niche blogs that in terms of content quality, traffic, PR, DA, etc, maybe don't even compete with other higher quality multi-niche blogs.

Yellow sub categories are only good if a blog has 2-3 main topics at most but for multi-niche blogs this is useless, unless you allow the total number of tags to be greater than 20.

Why don't you follow the model from sponsoredreviews.com and allow publishers to select the desired tags disregarding they are green, yellow, grey or whatever color they are. I think the tag popularity is useless to be considered the main criteria for sending requests to opportunities but the PR, DA, approval rate, Alex rank, and the advertisers alone should decide whether they want to publish content to one or another blog.

What if mashable.com would register in your system? It features dozens of interesting topics... Which green tags should that blog select? Do you think 3 is enough? I understand your position to fight against abuse but please understand not all blogs can be put in the same basket.

If you still consider the tags popularity is a good thing, you better implement the number of green tags allowed per blog according to the blog's approval rate, the alexa rank, number of stars that blog received from advertisers, and so on.

I personally enjoy your network and I'm online everyday but becoming that much restrictive ... is not ok, many bloggers will leave it or visit it from time to time only. Bloggers pay for the credits and they find out they can't publish anything, this is not fair at least.

• PostJointAdminPostJoint (Support, PostJoint) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This update was designed to increase relevance. Green keywords are very top-level and this was being abused by general sites and those making irrelevant offers. However, we have received some feedback and have now changed this to a max of 3 green keywords.

what's even weird is that I have an excellent acceptance rate from over 60 votes for my PR5 multi-niche blog and with this update I can actually publish ... nothing. please roll back this update and allow publishers to submit requests based on their websites niches and understand not all blogs are single-niche.

I still have 3 credits in my account and I was planning to buy more but with this update I won't because I am not allowed to publish anything. I have a multi-niche blog with over 6000 daily visitors.

Now I have 8 opportunities available but I cannot publish any of them!!! I am just redirected to the tags selection page.

Do you find this correct? Please give up this shitty update as soon as possible and allow us, the publishers, to continue to publish relevant content to our blogs and put money in your pockets buying the required credits. Don't you realize you are actually losing money with this update? Absolutely nobody would would have any benefits from this update.

← Previous 1 2 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base